“Abba, Our Father”
Galatians 4:6 6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. (KJV)
The third Sunday in the month of June is traditionally observed as Fathers’ Day. Many will take this day to give honor, and special recognition to their fathers. Believers should also recognize and give honor to “Abba Father” who is the greatest Father of all time.
In Chapt. 6:9-13 in the Gospel of Matthew, Jesus gives the disciples instructions on how to pray. When we take a more in depth, and closer look at this prayer, we can also see Jesus describing God as “Abba Father”.
Matthew 6:9-13 “ After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.11 Give us this day our daily bread.12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever.” Amen. (KJV)
· He is not a respecter of person (Acts 10:35), He is a Father to all “Our Father”
· He lives in heaven “which art in heaven”
· He is Holy “Hallowed be thy name”
· He has a kingdom on earth and in heaven “Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven”
· He is a provider “Give us this day our daily bread”
· He is forgiving “And forgive us our debts”
· He is a deliverer “but deliver us from evil”
· He is power and has glory “For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory”
On this coming Sunday when we acknowledge earthly fathers, we also should take time to acknowledge our “Abba Father”, and not only on this Father’s Day, but on each day of the year.
“The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.”Romans 8:15 (NIV)
“Dear God we come to you as little children with our arms lifted up to you crying out “Abba Father”. You are the Alpha and the Omega; we give your name the praise, the glory, and the honor that you so much deserve. Thank you for the example you have shown to the world of what a Father should be… Amen
Continuing in His service, Rev