“Seeking His presence”
I have noticed on several occasions robins hunting for worms and after doing some research, I found it to be quite remarkable of how they find them. Basically, robins have 3 methods of finding worms. Robins find worms by;
- Vision—they turn their heads to one side and focus on the dirt moving, or to see if the worm is coming out of their burrows.
- Sound—they listen for movement of worms in the ground
- Touch—they stand still to be able to feel movement of the ground under their feet
These methods are effective with how the robin finds worms.
The 1st most important step for the robin is to seek the worms that it wants to find, because the worms do not come to the robin on their own. If the robin does not go in search of what it wants, seeking what it wants to eat, it will go hungry.
And so it is with God. The scripture tells us in Hebrews 11:6 “But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those that diligently seek Him”.
As it is with the robin being diligent with seeking worms, we must also be diligent when we are seeking God.
One might ask “so how do I seek God”? Again as with the robin having several methods of seeking worms, we have several methods of how we can seek God.
- We can seek Him thru prayer 2nd Chronicles 7:14 “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land”.
- We can seek Him with fasting Matt 6:17,18 “But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face; 18 That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly”.
- We can seek Him with our praise Psalm 150:6 “Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord”!
- We can seek Him with the reading of His word Psalm 119:11 “Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee”.
- We can seek Him by being sitting quietly, and being still to listen for the sound of His voice Psalm 131:2 “Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother: my soul is even as a weaned child”.
- We can seek Him with our worship Matt 2:11 “And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh”.
God is not a respecter of persons, He will acknowledge whoever comes to Him seeking His presence.
Matt 7:7,8 “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened”.
“Abba Father, give me the strength to remain diligent about seeking you. In Jesus name, Amen!
Continuing in His service, Rev
Hebrews 11:6 is one of my favorites! Good word!
Thanks again for your feedback, it means a lot to me.
As with all the other posts I enjoyed this post Seeking GOD. THE Example of the Robin seeking his food was excellent.Keep up the good work on your site Elder and First Lady WRIGHT. GOD Bless you both.
Great road map to seeking God…In support of what you have shared we can seek Him with our whole heart. An evil heart will not seek the Kingdom of God. A pure heart will seek the desire, and will of God. Our example is Solomon. God choose him to sit upon the throne and build God’s house. David said if Solomon seeks God with a perfect heart…1 Chronicles 28…My heart is truly bless when I read Psalms 42…David says like the dear pants for the water my soul thirst for God What a wonderful God we serve…God Bless!
Good morning Preacher
Thanks you for visiting and supporting our website, may God continue to make His face shine upon you. Rev…
The illustrations you present are excellent. The Robin is a common bird in our area and we see them in the grass all the time. This will help me daily as I see them busy working ,seeking. Thanks Rev!
Good morning Ray
Thank you visiting wrightwayministries website. We encourage you to continue seeking God each and every day. Rev…