1st Peter 2:9 “But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; Vs. 10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.”
What’s more important? How (people) man sees you or how God sees you?
According to 1st Peter 2:9 and 10 this is how God sees us:
- Chosen…to set apart (but not better than)
- Royal priesthood…God given authority
- Holy nation…God is not a respecter of persons, being a nation means you are united with others like yourself
- His own…God looks at you as His very own
- Special people…God given gifts and talents
- Gave clear vison in darkness…God wants His people to see clearly, even in darkness
- Have His mercy…God loves so much, His mercy endureth for ever
1st Peter 2:4 “Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious.
- It’s very important that you know who you are and whose you are.
- Knowing your name is important, but knowing your identity is also important.
“One might ask, how do I show my appreciation to God for these blessings?”
The answer is found in:
Psalm 139:14 “I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well.“
We give God praise for His marvelous works.
The bible also describes us as Kings and Priests:
Rev 1:6 “and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.”
- Kings…rule over a kingdom
- Priests…One who is designated an authority on religious matters
We honor God when we walk in the authority of how he sees us.
Titus 2:14 “who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.”
“Father in heaven, we give you the praise glory and honor that you so rightly deserve. Thank you for loving us and choosing us to a chosen generation, in the name of Jesus…Amen!
Continuing in His service…Rev